Books, Comics, Co-creation
(Thanks Chris Loat for these suggestions and annotations. Most of these sites are also available as apps for iOS devices.)
- 1) Storybird - make stories in minutes. Free Class accounts to manage students without emails, create assignments, and build beautiful libraries.
- 2) Story Jumper - A place to create and discover stories for kids. Teach children to write a story in just 7 steps.
- 3) Pixton - create online comics without the need to draw; embed into a webpage; share and remix
- 4) Toondoo - Create cartoon strips and cartoon books. Use your own photos or site graphics. Embed into any webpage.
- 5) MixedInk - Find a topic you care about and jump in,or create a new one and invite others to join. Contribute your ideas, mix & match others' ideas, or simply rate as you read.
- 6) Collab-o-write - Enter your own story, add to an existing story, illustrate a story, write a story from an illustration or just get some writing tips.
- 7) Boomwriter - collaborative storywriting by up to 5 students